Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Moving Update

I feel really bad that I haven't posted in over a week!  We've been incredibly busy preparing for the move back to Canada.  I've also been busy training my replacement in the lab I work at.  So far we've managed to pack up the living room and we've been making a dent in the kitchen and closets.  We're very fortunate that my boyfriend's parents will be coming down to help us out with the remainder of the packing, so we can spend this week focusing on tying up loose ends.

We've also started selling things on Craigslist.  So far we've gotten rid of the couch, two bookcases, my boyfriend's bicycle, my exercise bike, and two lamps.  I haven't used the exercise bike in over a year since I took up running instead, so I'm very glad that it found a good home.

Goodbye exercise bike, we had a good run.
For a last hurrah in the Bay Area, we're planning a final trip to Napa and Vacaville.  We're also planning to go to the San Francisco Gay Pride Parade, because it was quite the experience last year.  Unfortunately I don't think we'll have time to do anything else, but you never know.

I'm also going to try and find these wonderful Tory Burch Reva ballet flats.  I've been wanting them for months.  They were out of my size at Holt Renfrew in Montreal, and I finally have enough money saved to buy them.  Hopefully a store in San Francisco will have a size 8 in stock.  Fingers crossed!
I've also been on a Lululemon ban of sorts.  I haven't gotten anything from there since my parents came to visit in the middle of May.  In all honesty, I haven't been tempted by anything either.  I'm probably not going to buy anything new until I'm settled in Canada (and can go to the Lululemon Lab).

On a related note, I was disappointed to hear that Lululemon is raising the price of the Scuba hoodies.  I think $108 is about the maximum amount I will spend on a hoodie, so increasing the price to $148 for the "special edition" styles is bordering on excessive.  The price will definitely stop me from purchasing another Scuba hoodie.  I'll never stop buying Lululemon clothing outright (the quality of the workout clothes is excellent) but I hope the price doesn't increase on other items in the store.

1 comment:

  1. I know this is a very old post but I hope you got yourself a pair of these awesome Tory Burch flats. They are perfect for any fashionable women or gay man like me. These are mine http://www.flickr.com/photos/39715038@N00/11143312234/

    ReplyDelete