Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Fitting Room Review: Whirligig Dress

I went to San Francisco yesterday to go see X-Men: First Class with my boyfriend, and decided to take a look at Anthropologie.  I was still hunting for a dress to wear to my boyfriend's sister's wedding (which I wrote about in May) and decided to go through the store stock from top to bottom.

I finally found a dress that matched all of my criteria in the Whirligig Dress:


The store I was at also had this dress in a light purple color. 



The size XS fit perfectly.  The one thing I really like about this dress is that you can wear a bra underneath it and not have to worry about the straps showing.  I also like the below the knee length, especially for a wedding. The skirt is very easy to move around in, which will be great for dancing.  It can also be paired with a cardigan.

As for the cons, the dress would be a bit heavy in hot sticky weather, so I wouldn't recommend it for a hot summer day.  I read the product reviews on the dress and agree that you have to be a bit busty to wear this.  I'm a 34C and I found the coverage to be great, but if I was a smaller cup size I could see where the dress could overwhelm your chest. 

I happily bought this dress, and look forward to wearing it next month at the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment