Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Some Of My Favorite Things...

I was going to write a post about my adventures lately, but apparently it takes over 8 hours to send a picture from my cell phone to my gmail account.  Who knew?  I feel like the laziest person because my camera battery has been dead for over two weeks and I haven't taken the effort to actually dig out my charger.  Hence the lack of posts and personal pictures in post.

Instead of waiting another day to write a blog post (so much for that vow in my Mini Happiness Project), I thought I'd write about some of the things I've been enjoying lately.

Tiny Tower

Hello Sims wannabee.  Tiny Tower is a free game (yes, free!!) on the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad that lets you build a tiny tower and manage the businesses and bitizens that inhabit it!  The style is 8 bit, which makes it feel like an old-school video game.  The type of businesses range from a tea house to a laundromat to a tattoo parlor.  I've been addicted to it since I downloaded it (but that's probably because I was addicted to the Sims).  


Scarves

I really, really like scarves. All kinds of scarves.  I own at least 10, ranging from hand-knitted to light and airy to thick and warm for winter.  There is a reason girls everywhere are wearing scarves, even in the warm summer weather.  They're just so fashionable!  They can complete any outfit.  I actually purchased a second Vinyasa Scarf from Lululemon (more on that later) because I was lusting for a second one.  My first one comes with me to school every day in my backpack since it doubles as a scarf and a blanket.


Reading on the Bus

The one part of my commute I like in the morning is that I have an uninterrupted 20 minute period to (and from) campus to read.  I normally only read late at night, so it's nice to use these 20 minutes for some me time.  I just started reading Water For Elephants, and I finished Mini Shopaholic and Further Adventures of a London Call Girl  in the last two weeks.  I'm a huge reader anyways, and it's nice to start working down my list of books I want to read.

Wraps and Cardigans

I've become a total wrap and cardigan addict.  I recently ordered some more cardigans from J. Crew (well my mom did), and I've been wearing them steady the past few months.  My personal favorites are:

J. Crew Jackie Cardigan

Dynamite 3/4 Sleeve Hanging Sweater

Wilfred Diderot Sweater
Clinique Toner and Makeup Remover

My skin is normally really clear, but when it has problems Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3 takes care of all of them.  The bottle costs around $20, but if I use it every day my skin becomes nice and clear. 

As for the make-up remover, I only really wear eyeliner and mascara, and nothing takes it off better than Clinique Rinse Off Eye Makeup Solvent.  One swipe and most of it come right off.  Only the stubborn stuff needs a second swipe, and that's because I wear waterproof mascara.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    I like you're blog (and can;t help but appreciate anyone who recommends Tiny Tower!)
    I wanted to comment as a fellow fashion concious science blogger (I'm a Biochemist in the UK and I have a costume blog at fancydresscapades.blogspot.com) and say I really appreciate that you are flying the flag for lady scientists too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Jennie! I wish I had more time to post, I feel my blog gets neglected a lot of the time. I think your blog is pretty fantastic!

    ReplyDelete