Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Two Nail Colors For The Price Of One!

One thing that I love to do but never do enough is paint my nails.  I always feel more feminine with painted nails and toes.  Unfortunately that feminine feeling goes away when the nail polish starts chipping.  One of the hazards involved with working in a chemistry lab is that you use a lot of solvents which can easily remove the nail polish (both acetone and ethyl acetate are commonly used in both nail polish remover and chemical reactions).

For this reason alone, I swear by OPI nail products.  The key is to use the OPI Base Coat and the OPI Top Coat (I have a bottle of the OPI Base and Top Coat).  I have literally spilled a beaker full of acetone on my hand, and the nail polish survived.  If you're impatient like me, the Drip Dry dries your nails in under a minute.  It's a bit messy but it's worth the investment.

Although 95% of my nail polish collection is OPI, it's fun to change it up a little bit.  When I went to Pier 39 on Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco a few months ago, I decided to check out the Del Sol Store.  There I found a bottle of blue nail polish that supposedly turned green in the sun (seen here).  I decided to pick up a bottle.  I didn't get a chance to try it out until this past weekend, but here are the results.

Here is the bottle of nail polish:


Here are my nails inside the apartment:


Here are my nails outside in the sunshine:


Voila!  The nails do change color!  Unfortunately the effect doesn't last very long and is gone within 10 seconds after entering a building.   It's still really cool.  If you want to pick up a bottle of color changing nail polish, I'd recommend the Del Sol brand.  I only wish I had picked up more colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment