Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Pleased to meet you!

My name is Martina.  I am a 20-something chemist who enjoys fashion, celebrity gossip, yoga, running, and a good book.  I decided to start this blog for two reasons.  The first reason is because in all honesty I am not the most confident person, and having a blog is the best place where I can openly share my opinions.  The second reason is because I spend an incredible amount of time on my laptop reading other blogs and websites, so it was about time I started my own blog.

There are a few things you should know about me:

1.  My favorite magazines are Vogue, Glamour, and Cosmopolitan.  Tim Gunn, Clinton Kelly, and Trinny and Susannah are my style icons.  My favorite celebrity gossip websites are Celebitchy, Lainey Gossip, and Perez Hilton.  I can’t stand the tabloid magazines and refuse to spend money on them, but I will happily read gossip on the web.

2.  I completed my Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry (with first class honors) in 2010.  My specialty is bioanalytical chemistry, with a strong background in separations.  I decided to get a chemistry degree because I really enjoy learning how things work, and it is a great way to get involved in the cosmetics industry, which is my dream.

Wearing my convocation gown.  The shoes I am wearing are Jimmy Choo Quiet Peep Toe Sandals, and were a present from my dad for graduating with honors.

3.  I am addicted to Lululemon.  I bought my first remix hoodie and pair of yoga pants in 2007, and ever since I have been hooked.  The addiction intensified in 2008 when I joined a yoga class that was hosted in my apartment building.  Currently, I own at least 30 items of clothing, along with 5 headbands, a black manduka yoga mat and a namaste yoga tote.  I can honestly say I have worn every item many times, so at least I’m not spending money on something that just sits in my closet.  I was very excited to visit the Lululemon Lab a few weeks ago in Vancouver, and now that I will be living there in a few months I’m sure my Lululemon collection will continue to grow.

Standing in front of the Lululemon Lab in Vancouver, BC.  I am wearing my Lululemon movement jacket.

4.  I am actively working on my fitness, and my goal is to be able to run a 10K race next year.  I got serious about my fitness a year ago, and I make a strong effort to attend a yoga class and go for a run outside every week (running on a treadmill doesn’t even compare).  Ideally I would like to work out 5 times/week, but I will admit that goal does not always happen.

I hope you enjoy my blog!

1 comment: