Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Growing Up/Item Lusting

I made the mistake of walking into Lululemon yesterday when I was waiting for friends at the mall, because I fell in love with the new Method Wrap.


I tried it on and it fit wonderfully.  The only thing that isn't wonderful is the price.  It's $118!  That's really high for a wrap.  I just can't justify spending that right now.  I think what's also stopping me from purchasing it is that I don't like how it looks when it's not zipped up.  I'd have to commit to wearing it zipped up at all times.  Even with this, I still want it.  It didn't help that the store staff were like "you look amazing in it!" (yes I'm aware they probably say that to everyone that tries anything on).  Let's see if I can resist buying this, at least until the inevitable price drop.  Maybe I'll luck out and find it on the Lululemon Exchange on Facebook in a few weeks.

I'm also wanting a new purse.  My old one that is seen in a lot of my previous blog photos has a rip in it.  I know that I can take it to a coach store and they can repair it, but the whole purse is going downhill (probably because I take it everywhere and overfill it) and I fear if I get this fixed another part will rip.  I've been looking at purses online and the one I like the most is the Chelsea Signature Jayden Carryall, which retails for $298.


Then I go and have thoughts like "well if I don't buy the wrap then that saved money can help pay for the purse".  Which is a really good point, and shows I'm growing up.  Grown up me also believes I shouldn't be buying anything since I don't start work/graduate school until August and I've bought enough things lately. 

I think the biggest problem is that now that I'm grown up, I'm no longer interested in a lot of my high school/undergraduate wardrobe.  I suppose it's a blessing that my top half has stayed the same size for the past 7 years while my bottom half has shrunk, but that means I have a ton of clothes that I've acquired over the years, plenty of which is old and not my style anymore.  I've started revamping my wardrobe to make it more adult, but because I was an emotional spender during my undergraduate I have a lot more clothes that I could part with.  I got rid of 10 bags before I moved to California, and a gigantic tote bag worth before I moved back to Canada, but I still have a lot.  Perhaps it's time for some ebay action.

No comments:

Post a Comment