Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Lululemon Goodies

This post is a bit late because as I've learned the hard way unpacking and other items on my to-do list are extremely time consuming.  Anyways, in the span of everything I managed to make a trip to a Lululemon store.

Two items that were missing from my Lululemon collection were running shorts and an exercise bra.  I own a pair of shorts for hot yoga (which I never do), and one pair with a padded bum for the exercise bike, but no pairs that could be used for running.  I normally run in groove crops, but in the summer they're simply way too hot.  As for the bra, when I run I normally layer a Push UR Limits or another Lulu tank underneath one of my running pullovers, but I found I was getting overheated.  Thus, a bra is now necessary.

I started with searching for the bra.  My chest isn't large by any means, but I needed support especially since I would be using the bra solely for running.  The bra I ended up going with was the Shape Me Bra, which has similar straps to the Push UR Limits and offers a lot of support.  I tried it out for a run the other day underneath my Mind Over Matter Pullover and it worked out wonderfully.  I didn't feel overheated and the bra was super supportive.  I didn't feel comfortable posting a picture of me in the bra, so here is a stock photo from the website.


For the shorts, I wanted something mid-length because I don't like having a lot of my backside exposed.  I also wanted a pair that had a pocket in the back where I can zip in my keys so they're not rattling around in my pullover pocket.  I ended up going with the Turbo Run Shorts because they felt super comfortable and were also recommended by one of the sales staff.


I'm only 5'2, so these shorts are a bit shorter than mid-thigh.  The shorts are really lightweight, and I look forward to trying them out on a run next week.

I've been debating whether or not I should pick up a Run: Sunbeam Pullover.  I noticed it just went down to $79 CAD and it is getting great reviews online.  I'm just not a huge fan of the colors (but then again I wear black or pink most of the time when I'm working out).  I might have to try it on in store and see.  If anything I'd probably get the blurred grey pullover since I'm not a huge fan of white anything and I really don't like the toothpaste color.

On a side note, I'm glad that the Deep V Tank is back.  I have a hot pink one that I bought years ago and I wear it quite often when I'm doing cardio.  I wish the color selection was a little more exciting but I'm just glad to see Lululemon is selling them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment