Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Random Musings

I feel like I've been wasting so much time on the internet the past few weeks and accomplishing nothing.  I kind of just scan blogs, check facebook and twitter (even though I rarely post anything), and read celebrity gossip websites.  I've started writing some yelp reviews, with hopes that maybe one day I'll become elite.  I'm not sure if the amount of reviews I have so far deserves elite status, but it would be really cool!  A few of my friends are elite but I don't want to be all like "help me become elite!"

The problem with not working the entire month is that my mind has just been wandering like crazy.  Absolute crazy.  I'm also not making money so I'm finding it hard to justify spending money on myself.  Plus there are purchases I can't avoid like my $81 bus pass for August and a birthday gift I still have to get for my dad (I have until August 4th!).  I found him a father's day gift already (he is getting a late combined gift due to the Canada Post strike) but my first idea for a birthday gift fell through so now I'm stumped. 

I also think my running shoes are wearing out.  Today when I was running my right foot started hurting.  A lot.  When my endurance crapped out and I walked the last kilometer home, my foot stopped hurting.  I hope that it is pain from shoes and not my actual foot.  Another note about my run today: I couldn't figure out why everything was so quiet, and then I realized I forgot my iPod shuffle at home!  I tried to keep going but it's amazing how much of an impact music has on your workout, so I had to come home, grab the iPod, and continue my run. 

My iPod shuffle and headphones my boyfriend bought me.
I realized today that I haven't actually posted a picture of myself in an outfit from my actual closet in awhile.  Here is the H&M dress I am wearing today.  This dress is easily 2 years old.  Funny story about it.  I originally tried on this dress in a smaller size, and I got stuck in it!  I didn't know what to do so I grabbed my purse and walked out into the store to try and find my boyfriend and his roommate at the time and had to announce "I'm stuck in this dress, can you please come to the change room to help me?" It was quite embarrassing. Needless to say, I bought the next size up. 

Sorry this picture is a bit blurry.
I know I'm late with this, but hearing about Amy Winehouse's death made me upset. When I was going through a really rough time a few years back, I bought her "Back to Black" album.  I identified with a few of the songs on the album, particularly the title track.  In fact, I quoted some lyrics on my facebook status.  I was subtle like that.  Anyways, it is a magnificent album.  It's such a shame she died so young, but she was clearly troubled.  May she rest in peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment