Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Personal Update

I feel really bad that I haven't had much time to write new posts for my blog, even though I haven't started graduate school yet.  Somehow my days are becoming filled even though it feels I haven't done anything worth mentioning.  Plus it doesn't help that every day I've had to spend an hour on the phone dealing with something, whether it's my cell phone provider charging me for 4 GB of data in one day that I didn't use, a broken phone jack (which is getting repaired as I type this), or problems filling out form after form after form.  I never moved anywhere where I had to reset up everything, so the amount of work that went into setting up my life again was unexpectedly time consuming.  I'm finally at the end of my to-do list, all I have to do is finish writing a report on work I did at my previous job in June (I realize now I should have done this one first, but it just got pushed to the back burner).

One thing I've been enjoying is being able to get back in exercise and running after a 3 week hiatus.  The building I live in has a small cardio gym with an elliptical, stairmaster, and all of the weights you could ever want.  I also live close to the seawall, which has encouraged me to get back into running.  Yesterday I broke my personal record and ran 8.34 km (or 5.18 mi) straight.  I tried out the Lululemon Turbo Run Shorts I blogged about last week and they worked wonderfully.  My ultimate goal is being able to run a 10 km race, and now I think that I can actually accomplish that by next year. 

Another thing I am excited about is having a library card again.  When I lived in California, I lived near a store called Half Price Books that sold tons of books for less than $3 each, so I ended up buying a lot of books instead of borrowing them.  I found out I live relatively close to a branch of the Vancouver Public Library, so I got a library card and placed a bunch of style books on hold that I've been wanting to check out for awhile, such as Lauren Conrad's "Style" and Whitney Port's "True Whit".  I also put "The Four Hour Body" on hold, mostly because I am intrigued by what he has to say and Dr. Oz didn't say the entire book was garbage.  I also put "The Hunger Games" on hold, but I'm hold position 139 so I'll probably get that next year.

As a final note, here is a picture of my absolutely wonderful boyfriend and myself at the wedding we attended almost two weeks ago.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment