Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Every Shoe Has A Story

When it comes to writing blog posts, I feel I've been lacking inspiration lately.  Not one to abandon posting entirely, I decided to go through my iPhoto library to see if anything jumped out at me.  Fortunately, my shoe collection did.  Before I moved, I took a picture of each pair of shoes I have in my closet that I only wear on special occasions.  I've amassed a nice little collection over the years, so as a test to myself I am going to write about why I bought each pair. 
 
Burberry Platform Wedge Shoes:
I bought these on a break from the first chemistry conference I ever went to.  I was looking for a nice summer shoe that I could wear with a dress or a skirt.  Unfortunately these shoes are absolutely painful!  I wore them for one day of the conference and within an hour I had to hobble over to a store to buy bandaids for all of my blisters.  I haven't worn these shoes since, which is a shame because they're really nice.

Le Chateau Black Heels:
These were purchased for a New Year's Eve party in my hometown.  I found out last minute the party was formal, not casual, and Le Chateau was the only place that was open and had a nice stock of dresses and shoes.  I hardly wear the dress anymore, but I wear these shoes to the bar or club every so often.  If you look at the right shoe, a piece of the silver is missing.  These shoes have been around, but they're super comfortable.

Ugg Boots
I love Ugg Boots.  I love them so much that I have two pairs, one short and one tall.  I ordered both from the Victoria's Secret catalog.  I practically lived in these during my undergraduate because where I went to university it would get down to -40°C in the winter (once it even got down to -50°C) so warm boots were necessary.  I can't wear these when the temperature is above 0°C because my feet get too warm.  I'll never understand how girls wear these in 30°C heat. 


Stuart Weitzman Cachet Satin Black Heels:
These shoes were on sale at Holt Renfrew a few years ago.  I was hanging out with my friend and I made him drive me there so that I could pick these up.  These are my go-to black high heel shoes.  I wore these to the wedding I attended recently, conferences, and many, many other events.  They're wearing out, and sometimes they still give me blisters, but I like them too much to stop wearing them.


Coach Harmony Heels:
These are my break-up shoes from about 3 years ago.  Break-ups are never fun, even if you do the breaking up, so I was a bit down and decided to go to Holt Renfrew to buy myself something nice.  I ended up going with these shoes.  They're comfortable, but they slip off really easily.  


J. Crew Estella Grosgrain Espadrilles:
These are summer shoes that my mom bought me, but I haven't worn them yet.  What a shame.


Jimmy Choo Nova Patent Leather Slingbacks:
These were a present from my dad for graduating with my chemistry degree (with first class honors).  He promised them to me before I started my degree and held true to his word.  I only wore them for my grad but they were very comfortable and didn't give me any blisters.  I need to stop being afraid to wear them and start enjoying them more.

Jimmy Choo Lantern d'Orsay Pump:
I actually won these in a contest at Holt Renfrew!  My mom was browsing the cosmetics counters and taking a long time, so I decided to enter a few draws.  About 3 months later I got the best voice mail message I've received in years, saying I won a pair (with a value up to $699).  I had to order these in from a different store because apparently size 8's are very popular, but they're gorgeous and all mine.


Tory Burch Reva Flats:
My latest purchase.  I blogged about wanting to buy these shoes earlier.  I haven't worn these out yet, but I've worn them around the house and they are quite comfy.  Much love for the Tory Burch flats :)

In other news, my picture was included on Anthroholic's Blogiversary Bash post.  Talk about awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment