Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Fitting Room Review: Beau Ideal Dress

One of the first things I did after moving to Vancouver was check out the Anthropologie store on Granville Street.  I must say it is a fantastic store with lots of stock.  It was definitely comparable to the stores in Berkeley and San Francisco, and I will definitely be going to the store regularly, if only to do more fitting room reviews.

I've mentioned a few times on the blog that I'm attending my boyfriend's sister's wedding really soon.  Well, really soon is this weekend!  I wrote an earlier post that I had decided on the Whirligig Dress to wear to the wedding, but I couldn't stop thinking about the Beau Ideal Dress.  When I saw on Anthroholic's blog that the Beau Ideal Dress was on sale for $79.95, I immediately made this Anthropologie store trip a priority.  It took me over 15 minutes of searching, but I managed to find it hidden in the back of the sale racks on the second floor of the store in a size 0 (hello fate!). 









I absolutely love this dress!  It's very light and airy, which makes it super easy to move around in.  It has a side zipper so I can actually zip it up by myself.  I wasn't sure if I would be a fan of the asymmetrical design, but I ended up loving it.  The only downside with the dress is that I can't really wear a bra underneath, but the top of the dress offers really nice coverage.  I'm just glad that I can easily pair this with a black cardigan and heels and it's immediately dressed up.  I bought this dress immediately.

I will be sure to post pictures from the wedding and of myself all dolled up in this dress.

2 comments:

  1. Completely adoring that dress! I'm totally kicking myself for not going to Anthro last time I was in Vancity :( haha oh well - its probably for the best....for my wallet anyway ;)

    Tasia
    http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment!

    The best part of the Vancouver Anthro store is the sale area for sure. There's so much stuff!

    ReplyDelete