Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Barnes and Noble Doesn't Know My Name

I decided to get a Barnes and Noble card a few months ago.  This turned out to be a very good decision.  Not because it saves me money, but because I ended up getting a book for free when I bought it because the cashier forgot to scan it (I didn't realize this until a week later).  When I got the card, I filled out my name in block letters on the application.  I thought block letters were really easy to read, but then I received this in the mail:


According to Barnes and Noble, my name is Maroma.  Not Martina, Maroma.  It's not even the same number of letters.  They did however manage to spell my last name correctly, which rarely happens (I blocked it out for security reasons)I talked to a cashier at Barnes and Noble and they told me I can't change my name, for whatever reason.  I will forever be known as Maroma there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment