Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

House of Prime Rib

When my boyfriend and I were in San Diego, we had friends from Canada staying in our apartment.  When we got back, they wanted to thank us by taking us out to the House of Prime Rib.  I never had prime rib before, and we saw this restaurant featured on No Reservations, so we were pretty excited and made reservations for 5:45 PM on Friday night.  I include our reservation time because I went through quite the adventure in order to make it to the restaurant on time.

I had to go to work on Friday because of a meeting at 3:00 PM, and I had to bring my laptop because I had a lot of data entry to catch up on.  The meeting ran for an hour (it is normally shorter, but one girl monopolized the meeting), and I didn't want to bring my laptop to San Francisco (especially if we were walking around at night), so I raced and caught a bus at 4:05 PM, and walked home as fast as I could in ballet flats.  I was smart enough to be dressed for the reservations, so I dropped the laptop off and ran for another bus to take me to the transit station at 4:30 PM.  Unfortunately people took forever getting off of the bus, and once I got to the station I had to run as fast as I could in order to catch the train.  I found my boyfriend who was nice enough to buy me a train ticket, and we ran and caught a train just as the doors were closing.  We got to San Francisco just after 5:00 PM, met our friends, and it took 10 min for us to find a bus stop so we could catch a bus for our restaurant.  Of course when we got on the bus it was completely jam packed, and we stopped at every single stop on the way, so what should have taken 15 min took almost 20 min.  By some miracle, we arrived at the restaurant with a few minutes to spare.

I was so relieved to see this sign.
We started off by ordering a bottle of wine.  My boyfriend chose this Cabernet Sauvignon wine from the Andretti Winery.  If you like red wine that doesn't have a strong tannin taste then you should try this wine. 



I ordered the City Cut, which was a 6-8 oz cut of meat (the smallest size).  The meal came with bread, salad with sherry vinaigrette, the choice of mashed or a baked potato, yorkshire pudding, and either creamed corn or creamed spinach.  I chose the baked potato and the creamed corn, and I can honestly say the entire meal was excellent (especially the salad).  I was very happy with the prime rib.  I ordered mine well done, and it was great.  Everyone left full and was happy with their meal.

The chef cutting the prime rib.
The prime rib, in all its glory.
After the meal, we decided to get some ice cream sandwiches.  Mine was two chocolate chip cookies with strawberry ice cream in the middle, and it was really good.



Then we went to a corner store, where I bought some Leninade, mostly for the name.  It was a surprisingly good lemon-lime soda.  The best part of the soda was definitely the label.


I know this post had nothing to do with fashion, but if you are ever in San Francisco and want to have a nicer meal, then you should definitely check out the House of Prime Rib.

Tonight I am going to see the Detroit Red Wings and the San Jose Sharks play in San Jose for Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.  This is my first playoff game and my second hockey game ever (the first was the Edmonton Oilers against the Calgary Flames), so I am incredibly excited.  My sunburn is still peeling, so this is a good day to wear my Vinyasa Scarf

On another note, Happy Mother's Day!  I am going to call both my mom and my grandma before I head out to the game.   Unfortunately the card I sent my mom hasn't arrived yet, but I'm sure she'll be happy to receive a phone call this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment