Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Lululemon Fitting Room Review

It's been such a busy week for me.  Between visiting with my parents and training a graduate student at work, I haven't had any time to write a proper blog post.  A post about sightseeing over the weekend will come soon, but until then I will blog about my visit to Lululemon this past weekend.

Scoop Neck Tank/Run: Speed Skirt

I've been looking at the scoop neck tanks for a while now and finally decided to try one on.  I chose to try on one in Black/Fruity Tootie (Fruity Tootie is a really nice hot pink, but it doesn't photograph that way on my camera).  I wasn't sure how flattering it would be, but I think it looks great.  It feels really comfortable in the bust area.  I would definitely wear this tank at the gym.  I also decided to try on the Run: Speed Skirt because my boyfriend commented that it looked really cute.  I didn't realize the skirts had shorts underneath, but the shorts are really comfortable and the elastic isn't ridiculously tight around the thighs.  As you can see in the image, the skirt comes down to about mid thigh, which is a comfortable length for me but I'd recommend the Tall version if you wanted a longer skirt.  I ended up getting both items and I'm really excited to try them out in the gym.

 

Pranayama Tank in Pink Mist

I have been in the market for a light pink workout tank for a while.  I thought this tank top looked really cute on the rack, so I immediately tried it on.  I was tempted not to post this image, but I think it's a good example of the bad qualities of this tank top.  For one, I could not get the design on the bust area to sit properly, and a few of my friends have said the same thing.  Another flaw is the sheerness of the top.  I know pink mist is shown to be sheer in the Run:Sun Blocker Long Sleeve but I know I would layer it with either a cute workout bra or a tank top underneath.  In this case, the bust area wasn't the issue (it is thankfully not sheer), but the actual shirt itself.  I don't know about other girls, but I prefer a little more coverage with my workout clothes.  I passed on this shirt.


Mudra Wrap


I've been really into wearing cardigans and wraps lately, which is why I was excited to try on the Mudra Wrap.  I had only tried on the Iconic Wrap from Lululemon before, but a sales associate had to help me put it on properly and my mom told me that if I got it I should never take it off if I'm drinking because I'll never get it back on.  Needless to say, I didn't buy the Iconic Wrap.  Anyways, I was really excited about this wrap when I saw it on the rack, and it is incredibly soft.  However, I found that the fit of the wrap was awkward.  I also didn't find it to be very flattering.  I read through the product reviews on the Lululemon website, and if it's pilling as much as reviewers say then this wrap is definitely not worth $118.

   

I also got the Black Run: Mind Over Matter Pullover, mostly because of the zip pocket in the back that my Run: Pacesetter Pullover is missing (it only has a front pocket that doesn't zip, which makes it difficult to carry keys).

I attempted to try on the Loop De Lulu dress, but the store I was at only had a 4, and the bust is ridiculously tight.  I fit in size 4 Lululemon clothes for every other item in the store, and I just could not get it on.  The dress feels quite heavy for a summer dress.  I know this is because it is reversible, but it would be way to hot in the summer heat.  If you don't mind that, then I would recommend you size up.  If I see a size 6 later on I'll try that on but I don't think I'd ever purchase the dress.

It was a great shopping day at Lululemon.  My mom was kind and bought me the three items I wanted, so they do not count against the Anthroholic Shopping Ban.  I also convinced her to get a Spirit Tank in green and some Groove Crops because I practically live in mine at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment