Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Conference Outfits


The one bonus of being a guest at a conference is being able to wear a lot of nice clothes, without the stress of presenting a poster or giving a talk.  My boyfriend was nice enough to get me in to the mixer at the Wave House, and for the speaker's dinner at Casa Guadalajara, and I have also been able to check out some talks of previous supervisors and big names in the capillary chromatography field.

Here is my outfit I wore for the Wave House. 

Dress: FCUK
Necklace: J.Crew
Watch: Gucci
Bracelets: Charlotte Russe
Shoes: Stuart Weitzman

Unknown to me before I got there, the floor is mostly sand, so I ended up walking around barefoot and carrying my heels instead. The sand felt great though (and I ignored the fact that there was probably tons of spilled alcohol and other germs in the sand).


For the speaker's dinner and for attending talks, I decided to go with an outfit a little more business style.

Blazer: JCPenny
Blouse: H&M
Tank Top: Abercrombie and Fitch
Skirt: Talula line at Aritzia
Sunglasses: Coach
Shoes: J.Crew black ballet flats (though you can't see them in this image).

The speaker's dinner was pretty great.  They even handed you a lime margarita on the rocks as soon as you walked in the door!  The mexican food was pretty good, which is what I expected considering how close San Diego is to the Mexico border.

I have decided to do the Anthroholic Shopping Ban Challenge, so I will not be adding any new clothes to my wardrobe for the remainder of May.  Hopefully I will have enough conference clothes for the CSC conference in Montreal (where I will actually be attending the conference as a scientist, not just a guest!).  If not, there's always the beginning of June!  My income is a bit lower this month due to this San Diego trip and Montreal coming up, so hopefully this will help my bank account out a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment