Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

San Jose Playoff Game

Yesterday I went to my first NHL Playoff Game in San Jose.  My boyfriend and I went with another couple that we've been wanting to make plans with for ages, so we decided to make a day of it.

We started by going to their house where they served smoked salmon, cheese, crackers, and the best red wine I've ever had.  It was a bottle of Casa Nuestra Cabernet Franc from Napa Valley, and it was fabulous.  It's a bit pricey, but highly recommended. 


Afterward, we went to a Thai restaurant where I got to try coconut milk, coconut meat, and coconut milk mixed with iced tea, which was awesome.  Where has coconut been all my life? 

This drink was called the Young Coconut.
Then, we went to the hockey game.  I was really surprised to see that over 95% of people at the game were wearing San Jose jerseys (my boyfriend and the friends we went with also bought jerseys).  I ended up buying some black and teal beads from a girl who was raising money for a marathon for $5, which I was more than happy with.  What was also cool was that when you enter the stadium you get handed a towel to wave around at the game.


Here are some shots from the game.  We were a bit disappointed that San Jose lost 4-3 to Detroit, but it was a great game anyways.  I'm still hoping that San Jose wins the series, and that Vancouver wins against Nashville so that we can attend a Vancouver vs San Jose game.



No comments:

Post a Comment