Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Full House, Golden Gate, and other San Francisco Treats!

I completely dropped the ball and didn't write a blog post this entire long weekend!  Apologies for this delayed blog post, but a lot of exciting things are going on in my life right now.  With that said, here's the post on San Francisco that I meant to write last week.

One thing I have always wanted to do is walk across the Golden Gate Bridge.  That finally became a reality two Saturdays ago.  My mom and I are quick walkers, so we decided to challenge the full length of the bridge both ways.  According to Wikipedia, the bridge is 1.7 miles long, which is reasonable to walk across and back (at least in my books).  We started on the San Francisco side of the bridge, and it took us roughly 40 minutes for the entire trip (with stops for pictures). 

Before walking across the bridge.
View of San Francisco from the bridge.
On the north side of the bridge.  It was very windy!

Our next San Francisco stop was Lombard Street.  My boyfriend and I drove down it once before at night, but we wanted to do it in the day time as well.  

View from the top of Lombard Street.
View going down the street.  It's really narrow and steep.

Our final stop worth writing about was full of nostalgia for me (and certainly a lot of other people).  Do you remember the show Full House?  

 

The show aired between 1987 and 1995, and was on for an hour every day when I was in elementary and junior high school on TBS.  I'm certain I've seen every single episode at least twice.  Anyways, the show was based in San Francisco, and they always showed the front of the house in every episode.  The house actually exists in San Francisco, so we decided to locate it.  It's actually located at 1709 Broderick Street, and can be seen at the end of the video I posted.


I'm in front of the house!
It was a great day of sightseeing.  I'm still trying to figure out if there is anything else I should see in San Francisco before I move, other than Golden Gate Park which is next on my list.  Do you have any ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment